Friday, July 23, 2010

What's in a Journal?


Now I can show you this journal I made for my  Friend!                             
I couldn't post it before she received it, now could I?     I had such a great time creating it.  I started with grey grungeboard, added layers of Distress Ink and stamped images, and finishing with Perfect Pearls (all by Tim Holtz & Ranger).  The metal embellishments are by Tim Holtz's line called Ideaology, and the flower was die cut from his Alterations line.  I scrapbooked photos of her daughter and precious grandchildren in the back to inspire her entries, a personal touch that she really enjoyed.
She emailed me this morning to tell me it arrived, and there is no better thrill to an artist than hearing that the recipient is happy with what you've created.  I would love to know what in your opinion was your best creation?  Could be a recipe, painting, collage - something that you still remember with intense pleasure, your best work, most special piece - please tell us about it here ;-)  

5 comments:

  1. Hi Linda! OMG what a beautiful journal you created! I don't think the pictures do it justice! Wish I could see more! Making a journal is on my "do do" list after my first blog "give-away" oops cross that off--I'm doing it NOW! Still need to do the button thing too. I have been doing research on the coptic binding method. There are some really great samples on Etsy. I'm so glad that I stopped by. You should post your pics on Flying lessons FB. Enjoy your weekend! xoxo Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool looking! I'll bet your friend was so touched. I know I would be! Gifts that come from the heart and hands are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda this is beautiful. I am with Valerie. I want to see more! I really want to get better with Tim Holtz's line. I had the perfect pearls in my hand and debated and debated. but i put it back. For now I just have the distress ink and mini misters. one day I'll learn. This is awesome inspiration though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are giving me an idea to do mini-info posts like show and tell. I LOVE his line and have it all! I am actually going to see him and take a class from him (can u believe it?) next month in Ohio. I've waited years for him to come close enough to Indiana. I took a week off after I get back to play in the studio!! Stay tuned ;-) Thanks for the encouragement and kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Soon you be teaching us to make wonderful Journals too, right? ... Gorgeous! Your friend is fortunate!! I love it much!!

    ReplyDelete